Starting them young...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
We live in a rural area and my wife is a high school teacher. Somehow the other day she got on the subject of wood heat with her students and talked a little about our Englander furnace. One of the students started bragging about his family's OWB and how they "throw whole rounds at a time in and don't even need to season them," and how if we really wanted to get serious about heating our house with wood we should get one too :rolleyes: I asked her if the kid looked like he had asthma :p

Reactions: Frozen Canuck
;hm::P

Perhaps air quality should be mentioned in that class?

Yup...we actually have one township in our county that banned them altogether and one that is considering it. The town that is considering it got an earful because the folks on council didn't really know what they were doing and initially wrote the language so broadly that practically ANY wood burning appliance would be banned. Hunterdon County is probably the woodburning capital of NJ, so the locals got out the torches and pitchforks and they are back to the drawing board to make sure that it's only the OWBs that are affected. BTW Mike, I'm getting the 28-3500 prepped for it's 5th season in our house (If you recall I bought it used) and its still going strong! I put a gasket kit into it last year along with a new coat of paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.