Starting up Econoburn 200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salecker

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2010
Northern Canada
Hi All
I'm getting close to being finished with my install,hoping to be able to heat water in a couple of weeks.
I was following the thread on the fan issue and was wondering if there was anything that i could /should change before bringing the system online?
From what i can tell i have the older controller.I have the outdoor unit which i have in it's own building with storage.There will be a backup oil boiler in the building as well.
i'm hoping to get my hands on the manual,arrived without it.
Any tip's and suggestions welcomed.
Thanks Thomas

Here is a picture of the new controller on my 200.

gg

Attachments

• boilercontroller.jpg
    boilercontroller.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 505
I definatly have the older version.
So once again i belive i'm getting close to the first fire.
Any suggestions or advice?
My oil side has been working flawlessly since the begining of Feb,even went on holidays for 2 1/2 weeks and it was doing all it was supposed to,and i'm just about caught up,so it's time to finish the wood side.It's beeen holding 50 PSI air since Jan so i'm confident there are no leaks.
I plan on adding a cleaner for about a week,then filling with deionized water,the company that i'v bought my supplies from is leanding me thier unit to treat the water.
I plan on numerous small hot fires to gradually bring the refractory up to temp.

Any other suggestions?Anything i'm missing or should try befor it's filled with water?
Thanks for all the reading material,i would have been at a loss without this forum
Thomas

salecker said:
I definatly have the older version.
So once again i belive i'm getting close to the first fire.
Any suggestions or advice?
My oil side has been working flawlessly since the begining of Feb,even went on holidays for 2 1/2 weeks and it was doing all it was supposed to,and i'm just about caught up,so it's time to finish the wood side.It's beeen holding 50 PSI air since Jan so i'm confident there are no leaks.
I plan on adding a cleaner for about a week,then filling with deionized water,the company that i'v bought my supplies from is leanding me thier unit to treat the water.
I plan on numerous small hot fires to gradually bring the refractory up to temp.

Any other suggestions?Anything i'm missing or should try befor it's filled with water?
Thanks for all the reading material,i would have been at a loss without this forum
Thomas

My unit was test fired so the refractory was dry.

Advice on running. Don't worry about it. I am either really lucky or these things aren't that complicated. A couple of pieces of news paper, some kindling, some splits, 5 minutes of bypass open and mine is gasifying.

I never noticed any bridging problems, and burn times were excellent overnight. I don't have my storage hooked up yet but wish I did.

Gg

Status
Not open for further replies.