stash for next year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a "stash" but just ordered 3 tons of Maine Wood Pellets. $209/ton Delivered.
Price is up from $199/ton last year. We have just over 1 ton left out of 4.
Will be delivered the last week of March.

Ordered from Steve at the Pellet Warehouse. Link Below

j-takeman said:
save$ said:
Go back to your old wood burner's mentality, have one season a head of you all the time. I have 6 tons for 2011-2012, I'll be hunting for 2012-2013 next. Good thing is I'll have the room and time for the deal that I think is best for me. Lot less apt to jump on the first deal that comes along that way. Nice thing now, is that I have three years under my belt and a lot more experience and insight into what I am doing. After this last winter, I now know my stove can keep my home warm. Big thing is never let up on the cleaning schedule.

I myself have just joined the year ahead club. I had to rearrange the basement and toss a few unused items(my radial arm saw for one). Having a buffer was tough to afford and scratch the cash for. But should pay off later on with some savings.

So far I am liking this buffer idea! :)

This is the first year I have done this too. It's probably from hanging around you guys and and sniffing the sawdust we all kick up. I find myself searching EVERY DAY for more pellet deals and I don't even need them. What the hell is this sickness called?? It's 70 degrees right now OUTSIDE. Awesome.

Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:
save$ said:
Go back to your old wood burner's mentality, have one season a head of you all the time. I have 6 tons for 2011-2012, I'll be hunting for 2012-2013 next. Good thing is I'll have the room and time for the deal that I think is best for me. Lot less apt to jump on the first deal that comes along that way. Nice thing now, is that I have three years under my belt and a lot more experience and insight into what I am doing. After this last winter, I now know my stove can keep my home warm. Big thing is never let up on the cleaning schedule.

I myself have just joined the year ahead club. I had to rearrange the basement and toss a few unused items(my radial arm saw for one). Having a buffer was tough to afford and scratch the cash for. But should pay off later on with some savings.

This is the first year I have done this too. It's probably from hanging around you guys and and sniffing the sawdust we all kick up. I find myself searching EVERY DAY for more pellet deals and I don't even need them. What the hell is this sickness called?? It's 70 degrees right now OUTSIDE. Awesome.

"Swine pellet flu" and there is no known cure either! :cheese:

I am blaming imacman and SmokeyTheBear! Its all "there" fault we have hogged up so much fuel! :lol: :cheese: ;-P

j-takeman said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:
save$ said:

"Swine pellet flu" and there is no known cure either! :cheese:

I am blaming imacman and SmokeyTheBear! Its all "there" fault we have hogged up so much fuel! :lol: :cheese: ;-P

I got the ok from the wife to start buying more :cheese: told her that prices might not be this low for some time. Now I just have to tell my pearents that I am going to store them at their house.

Status
Not open for further replies.