Stat fails to work. :(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
I just hooked up a old school non digital Honeywell stat up to my englander pulled the jumper wire and put the stat feed wires in and I have no stove change when I click the temp up.
zavu2ama.jpg

I have to ask. What do you expect to happen?
With the 25 pdvc, if the stat is calling for heat the stove should run at the burn setting on the control panel. When the stat is satisfied the stove will go to the settings determined by the LFF and LAF buttons at the bottom, as if it is burn setting 1. The panel does not announce the change. The only way you will know that anything happened is to watch the fire for a while (don't get hypnotized) and see that the fire really did go to low burn.

I was under the impression that the blower would go down to 1 when the feed when to 1.
It's seems to be working as its supposed to do minus the blower changing levels which is alright since it rarely kicks up in these temps and the blower on 5 with it lugging on heat 1 (bottom 3 are currently 2-2-1) I can run 24+hours on a bag of pellets. :)

Nope, Mike has mentioned this several times and I suspect the manual also speaks to it. Only the firing rate changes.

Reactions: letsblaze
Yep... Blower wont change.

But you also dont need to run 9-9 like the manual states.

If you want to run 5-6 (5 heat- 6 blower) then run it. The stove runs on whatever settings you have it set for, when calling for heat. Then goes to Heat level 1 and the blower stays at the selected range.

So if you ran 4-5. The stove would run 4 heat and 5 blower until stat is satisfied. Then heat goes to 1 and blower stays at 5.

I'm currently running on 4-5 for now. that will probably change as the temp does.

I'm running 1- for low and 2 for high in hi/low mode and it will change as the outside temperature changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.