state certified pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyDave

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2011
western wa
Hi Dirty Dave

I do not know if every state has it. States like WA that have burn bans most likely do!
Very Interesting. Good Comparison chart for emissions!
Thst is if all these #s are indeed correct?

The Astoria heats my house. Very good emissions!
Travis Industries, Inc. Avalon Astoria 0.72 < Emissions Grams/Hr

Englanders are higher!

England's Stove Works, Inc. Englander 25-PDV 2.60 < Emissions Grams/Hr
England's Stove Works, Inc. Englander 10-CPM, approved for wood pellets only 1.60 < Emissions Grams/Hr

Looks like the Harman, Venturi & St Croix are the best!

Hearth and Home Technologies Harman P-35I 0.40
Pellefier Inc. Venturi PVI-87 0.50 < Emissions Grams/Hr
Even Temp, Inc. St. Croix Prescott EXL 0.60 < Emissions Grams/Hr

heya Don
yeah there is some pretty good ones listed and some not so good. our dinosaur is listed as 1.00 so not worried for a 1994 advantage.
I would assume they are correct for the numbers... acording to the state they get them from all the laboratories that do the testing.
I do know of one person in a county near Oregon ( Vancouver) that installed a non approved stove and was caught during a burn ban and was fined $5,000 and 15 days in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.