static pressure switch tube

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
what is this for. I have a kozi 120. I have something that is called static pressure switch tube that is connected to a static pressure switch. On the switch, there are 2 ports coming off it. The tube is connected to the bottom one, however looking at the manual, it looks like the tube is connected to the top one.

What are these for, and does it do anything that affects the performance of the stove?

did I stump the panel....
or am I being stupid here...

no stumping here just too much eggnog.....most likley it senses the draft or negative pressure inside the firebox...
Ie if you have a leak or the stoves door is open it wont feed pellets...
if it's not hooked up properly the stove probably won't run...

I hear ya about the eggnog...

would the stove not run at all or not run properly do you think.
My manual or nothing that I can find tells me how it is supposed to be hooked up...

Page 36 of my manual shows what I am talking about. Item 4 and 15. Item 15 shows hooked on top of the switch, but on my stove it is hooked on bottom.
I hate to mess with it because I am afraid I won't get it working again if I mess it up..

It will shut down the stove. It's a safety feature that senses a lack of static pressure which means there is a problem, Houston (e.g., as GVA said, door open, exhaust blower failure, etc.). The unit is certified with it in and operational so leave it that way. If you mess with it and something bad happens, you could be liable...not to mention all of the BS you'd have to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.