Stay frosty my friends...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been too long since my wife and I were there. Hope to return some day as it is beautiful country.

Reactions: Trundle and ScotO
For sure those guys out east won't run into that problem. It is amazing how much rain they get.

It's starting to feel like Seattle out here. Not looking forward to the three straight days of rain they forecast, starting today. This has been one hot and wet summer.

Reactions: Trundle and ScotO
I was amazed when I got back to our corn patch. Two days ago it was looking great with a nice green color. Now the leaves are all curled up. It is super dry so if no rain tomorrow, I'll be hauling water.

Scotty.You (and anyone else on this forum) are welcome up at my place anytime. I've spent a lot of time skiing, hiking and driving through Glacier so ya'll are set up with a free guide any ol' time. However, if I were coming to this area with a few weeks of time on my hands I'd make a point of hiking into the Bob Marshall wilderness complex. It's ridiculous. The Chinese Wall is not to be missed! My Dad was an outfitter in the Bob for many years and I'd help him occasionaly. It always just blows my mind to come around the corner and see the Wall stretching out forever.

Scotty.You (and anyone else on this forum) are welcome up at my place anytime. I've spent a lot of time skiing, hiking and driving through Glacier so ya'll are set up with a free guide any ol' time. However, if I were coming to this area with a few weeks of time on my hands I'd make a point of hiking into the Bob Marshall wilderness complex. It's ridiculous. The Chinese Wall is not to be missed! My Dad was an outfitter in the Bob for many years and I'd help him occasionaly. It always just blows my mind to come around the corner and see the Wall stretching out forever.

Just googled "the Chinese Wall", WOW! :eek: That's a must see the next time we are in MT. Wife's uncle/aunt are in Livingston and we have lots of friends in Bozeman. Love the Gallatin Gateway area. I've fly-fished the Gallatin, Madison, and north fork of the Big Horn...amazing.

Reactions: Shane N and Trundle
Nice Blue2ndaries! I love that area. I hope to get down to the Jefferson river this fall and fish for the hawg Browns that live in that river. If that happens to coincide with elk season well, all the better. Where you at in Oregon? The Oregon coast is sublime. Some buddies of mine go out every fall for crabbing somewhere around Seaside.

Nice Blue2ndaries! I love that area. I hope to get down to the Jefferson river this fall and fish for the hawg Browns that live in that river. If that happens to coincide with elk season well, all the better. Where you at in Oregon? The Oregon coast is sublime. Some buddies of mine go out every fall for crabbing somewhere around Seaside.

We're in the Willamette Valley area. My in-laws have a beach house in Seaside which we frequent, especially during clamming season. Crabbing is fun too!

Status
Not open for further replies.