1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Stay frosty my friends...

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Trundle, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    It has been too long since my wife and I were there. Hope to return some day as it is beautiful country.
    Trundle and ScotO like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. NortheastAl

NortheastAl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Putnam, NY
    It's starting to feel like Seattle out here. Not looking forward to the three straight days of rain they forecast, starting today. This has been one hot and wet summer.
    Trundle and ScotO like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    I was amazed when I got back to our corn patch. Two days ago it was looking great with a nice green color. Now the leaves are all curled up. It is super dry so if no rain tomorrow, I'll be hauling water.
    Trundle, NortheastAl and ScotO like this.
  4. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Stunning.....I dream of someday going to Montana....trouble is, I may never want to come back home!!
  5. Trundle

Trundle Member

Loc:
    Western MT
    Scotty.You (and anyone else on this forum) are welcome up at my place anytime. I've spent a lot of time skiing, hiking and driving through Glacier so ya'll are set up with a free guide any ol' time. However, if I were coming to this area with a few weeks of time on my hands I'd make a point of hiking into the Bob Marshall wilderness complex. It's ridiculous. The Chinese Wall is not to be missed! My Dad was an outfitter in the Bob for many years and I'd help him occasionaly. It always just blows my mind to come around the corner and see the Wall stretching out forever.
  6. Blue2ndaries

Blue2ndaries Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oregon
    Just googled "the Chinese Wall", WOW! :eek: That's a must see the next time we are in MT. Wife's uncle/aunt are in Livingston and we have lots of friends in Bozeman. Love the Gallatin Gateway area. I've fly-fished the Gallatin, Madison, and north fork of the Big Horn...amazing.
    Shane N and Trundle like this.
  7. Trundle

Trundle Member

Loc:
    Western MT
    Nice Blue2ndaries! I love that area. I hope to get down to the Jefferson river this fall and fish for the hawg Browns that live in that river. If that happens to coincide with elk season well, all the better. Where you at in Oregon? The Oregon coast is sublime. Some buddies of mine go out every fall for crabbing somewhere around Seaside.
  8. Blue2ndaries

Blue2ndaries Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oregon
    We're in the Willamette Valley area. My in-laws have a beach house in Seaside which we frequent, especially during clamming season. Crabbing is fun too!