Stayed out of the Woods Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Put the boat in for the first time this year and went for a two hour tour. It was a perfect day with a good breeze and plenty of sun, attached are some pictures of the ride on the raquette river.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_3205.jpg
    100_3205.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 555
  • 100_3206.jpg
    100_3206.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 555
  • 100_3207.jpg
    100_3207.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 564
  • 100_3208.jpg
    100_3208.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 558
  • 100_3209.jpg
    100_3209.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 571
looks like a nice day for boating! just curious... is it a jet boat? Nearly all of the motorized river-going boats around here are jets...

Nice Zap! It was a great day to be on the lake! Do you ever do any fishing there?

Mt Ski Bum said:
looks like a nice day for boating! just curious... is it a jet boat? Nearly all of the motorized river-going boats around here are jets...

17 foot Lowe with a Evinrude 50 hp etech on it, tops out at 32 mph.

Zap

CJ-SR4ever said:
Nice Zap! It was a great day to be on the lake! Do you ever do any fishing there?

Once in a great while, soon it will be so busy you won't want to fish. The walleye are smaller so it usually just boating.

Zap

Yea. Im not to much into fishing for walleye. I love fishing for largemouth and smallmouth bass. Sitting on the lake is the best way to relax...IMO.

Nice pictures. Glad you took the opportunity to go out and enjoy it.
Reminds me of when I was a kid. My family would rent a cabin on Lewey Lake or Indian Lake for a couple days or a week. Always had fun fishing, going into Lake George one of the days, and then going to the dump to see the bears.
One of my dreams is to have a cabin on a lake up there some day. I think I need to hit the lottery first.
Also hung out on Schroon Lake for a couple days once. People I worked for haver a cabin and let me and a buddy stay there a couple days. I really want to get back up there. I think I could just there watching the world go by with no problem at all.

Jaugust124 said:
Nice pictures. Glad you took the opportunity to go out and enjoy it.
Reminds me of when I was a kid. My family would rent a cabin on Lewey Lake or Indian Lake for a couple days or a week. Always had fun fishing, going into Lake George one of the days, and then going to the dump to see the bears.
One of my dreams is to have a cabin on a lake up there some day. I think I need to hit the lottery first.
Also hung out on Schroon Lake for a couple days once. People I worked for haver a cabin and let me and a buddy stay there a couple days. I really want to get back up there. I think I could just there watching the world go by with no problem at all.

The area you talk about is really nice, almost two hours south of us.

Zap

CJ-SR4ever said:
Yea. Im not to much into fishing for walleye. I love fishing for largemouth and smallmouth bass. Sitting on the lake is the best way to relax...IMO.

might want to stay away from easter Montana then... people out there are OBSESSED with walleye...

I agree, sitting by a lake or river or creek (especially in the mountains) is a great way to relax... especially after spening the whole day surrounded by walleye fishermen...

I almost like the creeks/rivers better for relaxing... something about the sound of the water running over the rocks just relaxes you...

zapny said:
CJ-SR4ever said:

Until this gets straightened out I'm not sure if I'll fish the St.Lawrence.

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2011/06/baldwinsville_mans_day_of_fish.html

Zap

dont blame ya zap!! it was on the news last night and what a load of crap from the Canadian side :shut:

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3183262

loon

loon said:
zapny said:
CJ-SR4ever said:

Until this gets straightened out I'm not sure if I'll fish the St.Lawrence.

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2011/06/baldwinsville_mans_day_of_fish.html

Zap

dont blame ya zap!! it was on the news last night and what a load of crap from the Canadian side :shut:

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3183262

loon

I'm not sure if they got fined but two years back some Canadians fishing in American waters with the correct license anchored then started fishing perch, our boys wrote them a ticket because they said once you anchor it puts you on American land, they never mentioned that.

Zap

I think we are way overdue for taking over Canada. With their beedy little eyes and their wide flapping heads. They arent a real country any way.

Franks said:
I think we are way overdue for taking over Canada. With their beedy little eyes and their wide flapping heads. They arent a real country any way.

Hey! i have a couple of these :p and the flaps are Great! :lol:

loon

tecumseh_fur_hat_480.jpg

Loon it looks like Frank does not follow the news, in California and other states it is the Canadians with the money buying up real estate with flaps like that.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.