Staying Warm!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

certified106

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2010
Athens, Ohio
This has been very unusual temperatures for ohio so far this year but we are cruising along at 1200° on the cat and 450° on the stovetop. I Think our dog would lay under the stove if I would let her. Not really looking forward to the begining of next week where our predicted high temps ae 16°. Hope everyone out there is warm and cozy tonight!

Attachments

• IMG_8721.jpg
    IMG_8721.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_8733.jpg
    IMG_8733.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 213
Looks great.

Yes, it looks like January weather coming for sure. Maybe we'll get an extended January thaw to make up for it.

certified106 said:
I Think our dog would lay under the stove if I would let her.

Probably would, just to try to burn that sweater off.. Just kidding, but seriously my lab has just recently decided she wants to lay in front of the stove (4 years old with wood heat her whole life) .. I've been wondering what prompted the change..

Jason

On edit: I also have a Kubota B2360 with a FEL and LOVE IT.. Mines the hydrostatic drive version and man what a difference over the old Mahindra gear drive tractor.

Backwoods Savage said:
Looks great.

Yes, it looks like January weather coming for sure. Maybe we'll get an extended January thaw to make up for it.

I hear you. I better be able to sunbathe in January in a speedo to make up for this crap. I would run out of wood if it was like this all winter. Feeding two stoves is just a bit too much.

jtb51b said:
certified106 said:
I Think our dog would lay under the stove if I would let her.

Probably would, just to try to burn that sweater off.. Just kidding, but seriously my lab has just recently decided she wants to lay in front of the stove (4 years old with wood heat her whole life) .. I've been wondering what prompted the change..

Jason

On edit: I also have a Kubota B2360 with a FEL and LOVE IT.. Mines the hydrostatic drive version and man what a difference over the old Mahindra gear drive tractor.

About once a day she finds a way to wiggle out of it. That sweater is all my four year old daughter, she accessorizes her, puts her in baby strollers and pushes her around etc..... I almost feel sorry for her but she's pretty good natured and puts up with it.

Edit: I do love my BX, I was nervous about the hydrostat transmission as I had only ever owned tractors with clutches but it actually makes life alot easier when plowing snow and using the loader.

Backwoods Savage said:
Looks great.

Yeah I hope we catch a thaw somwhere along the way or I might have to dip into next years wood (already has about 10 months seasoning time on it). I really don't want to do that as this was the year I was hoping to get ahead by 2-3 years.

HehHeh . . . your young daughter sounds like my grown up sister. She recently had some portraits done with a professional photographer in Anchorage . . . he did nice work . . . as you can see she took the opportunity to dress up Zak -- my brother-in-law's duck-hunting chocolate lab.

Attachments

• Nov2010ZachBoobleBlog.jpg
    Nov2010ZachBoobleBlog.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 140
HehHeh . . . your young daughter sounds like my grown up sister. She recently had some portraits done with a professional photographer in Anchorage . . . he did nice work . . . as you can see she took the opportunity to dress up Zak -- my brother-in-law's duck-hunting chocolate lab.

Attachments

• Nov2010Evenson1Blog.jpg
    Nov2010Evenson1Blog.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 128
Extra posts . . . computer/website is wonky this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.