Steam coming from my wood burners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
Minus 12 F last night and going there tonight. Steam from my wood burners.
image.jpg

Water is one of the byproducts of wood combustion. It's typical to see it in cold dry weather. Stay safe out there chief. This weather has to be no fun for no one.

Last edited:
Reactions: tfdchief
Unfortunately I spent yesterday afternoon fighting a house fire, rural, No water supply, in these brutal conditions.

That sounds terrible... I've seen some of those amazing pictures of ice covering everything (trucks etc) around a burned building. No water supply ... rescue and just watch it burn or what? Shovel snow? Seems water is rather essential to most fire fighting efforts...

Not a happy thing to be doing on a cold day Steve. I do hope the family is okay.

Slow you pretty much have it. Very frustrating. And Dennis, yes pretty much. Mom Dad. And. 2 small children. One went to the hospital, smoke inhalation but not bad I don't think.

Water is one of the byproducts of wood combustion. It's typical to see it in cold dry weather. Stay safe out there chief. This weather has to be no fun for no one.
Yes BG. That was my point but I didn't do very good job of pointing that out. Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.