steel cat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Aug 13, 2009
elwood nj
high all, new to this board but been lurking so long i feel almost like i know most of you. i'm looking to replace the cat in my winter warm large insert, and i thought i'd try for feedback on the steel cat over the ceramic one. tia, bert

Welcome Bert!

A SS cat will light off earlier and be more durable, but it will probably cost a few more dollars. BK is beta testing SS cats in their King model stoves. I believe they are the only stove manufacturer that is shipping them as OEM. You might want to give them a call and see what they have to say about them based on their beta program... I talked with them about these cats many months ago and they had nothing but good things to say about them. They're still shipping them with the SS cats so I have to assume this speaks positively about the SS cats themselves.

thanks for the info wet1. i'm kind of leaning to the steel, even though i had 9 yrs on the original till performance dropped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.