STEEL STOVE COLORS?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainemaul

Jul 22, 2008
southern me.
JUST WONDERING WHY I NEVER SEE COLORED STEEL STOVES,THERE MUST BE HI TEMP PAINT ON THE MARKET

stop yelling!

I have seen a few colored stoves, I just think matte black is more popular and easier to maintain. I personally would not want my stove in any other color. I think a few members on the forum have painted their stoves?

I guess I don't understand the question... cast iron stoves can be had in many enamel colored coatings, and steel stoves, like the PE's, can be had in several colors...

http://www.pacificenergy.net/buildastove.php

pick a color...

we chose the flat black on our stove for ease of maintanence.

mainmaul, First, a quick comment: TYPING IN ALL CAPS is considered to be "yelling" or "shouting" and is unacceptable in most forums I visit. Sometimes, and rarely, typing a word in capitals is okay to emphasize a very important point.

Re: Painting a stove. Lots of people paint over the black paint applied at the factory. The Forrest paint company makes an excellent quality High Temp spray paint just for this application. Here is a link to their site: http://forrestpaint.com/index.php?page=hi-temp-paints

Their Golden Fire Brown is my "go to" color for steel stoves and stove pipe. Forrest paints are very durable when properly cured (see their site for simple instructions) but the stove top might need repainting every five or six years, if wanted. Best wishes, John_M

Seems we have a few honey brown stoves here. Enameled steel, stove jackets are available for Napoleons, PE, etc.

sorry for yellin at you guys, wont happen again,still new at this

mainmaul, Ya' done good!

Re: the paint: As I recall, the honey brown color mentioned by BeGreen is very similar to the goldenfire brown I like so much. You can see from my signature that my Summit is emerald green and looks just great in my current house. However, I did paint the stove pipe goldenfire brown. It complements the green very nicely. Good luck. John_M

BrotherBart painted his Englander brown. High-temp paint can be had in about any color of the rainbow. Nothing stopping anyone from repainting a steel stove. Rick

Harman steel stoves are available in colors

Status
Not open for further replies.