Steep Roof Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobforsaken

Oct 2, 2009
Maine
I'm working on installing a new Prefab Class A chimney through my roof which is a 12/12 pitch. The Duravent (plus) Kit has flashing that is adjustable for 1/12-6/12 pitches.

Before I cut into the roof, I don't want to run the risk of not having flashing for 12/12 pitch if its truly necessary. Does anyone have experience installing with with flashing a 12/12 pitch with that adjustable piece of flashing sold with that kit? I know Duravent makes a 7/12 - 12/12 flashing and I may have found one at the local home depot.. but I'd avoid the extra cost (and waste of the one that comes with the kit) if I know its reasonable to expect that I could accomplish the needed flashing with the included part.

Thanks

I would get the correct flashing. This is a place you absolutely don't want to leak. The correct flashing will let the storm collar sit more tightly. And you want the chimney to be plumb, not fighting the flashing.

Thanks.. anyone in Maine need some adjustable 1/12-6/12 flashing??? Looks like I'm goign to have some extra. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.