Sthil 066 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2010
North MS
My 066 had been put up for the summer after running it some this spring, say April probably. I got it out the other day and filled it will new gas and it would not crank which is extremely strange for a Sthil. Anyways, I ended up putting a little gas in the carb and it would run on it but as soon as it was all out it went dead. That tells me it is not picking up gas. The filter is new in the tank so what would be my next step? It has the type of gas line that appears to attach to something in the tank then on the outside of the tank it starts a new gasline that goes on to the carb from there. I hate to start pulling a carb out of it because I have never done that, but I can't stand the thoughts of taking it somewhere else for them to monkey around with it either. We don't have anyone I trust to work on it around here really.

Gas lines would be next probably dry rotted.

+1 on Jay's comment. Check for pin holes, often near where the line passes through the tank.

Let me know if you give up. I need an 066.

I'd definitely start on the fuel lines, like Jay suggested.

Carb rebuild if that doesn't do it.

Send it up here, I'll even pay the shipping. :cheese: But seriously, agree with above, fuel & impulse lines first, then see what happens. A C

Status
Not open for further replies.