Stickies in this forum...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sticky threads

• too many

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • its fine as is

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2009
central ct
Too many!

Anyone else agree? it's annoying to scroll over the same handful of threads at the top all the time.

Can we make a sub forum for them, maybe a 'new owner/user faq' or something like that?

I will be watching this thread. Depending on the results of your query we can present possible changes to Craig for his consideration.

Reactions: briansol
What is a sticky thread?

It's only a drag on mobile. Not an issue with desktop use. Personally I'm indifferent. A sub folder would just attract less attention and possibly get missed by someone looking for the info.

I don't have a problem with the quantity. When I first joined however, it was annoying that many of the links within were dead and unuseful.A cleanup may be in order to check their utility...

yup, they are very old and a little out of date in some cases. And agreed, a lot of the links within are dead too. Further, they are not all relevant to everyone. Like the Harman one only caters to a select % of pellet owners.
Where's the Lennox/Quad/Enviro/etc/etc/etc stickies?

i didnt like the highlighted threads as stickies i thought they were new threads at first so im with ya

The poll left out "Needs More". ;lol

Go ahead and keep on complaining about it...when we get tired of hearing it we'll just highlight every thread in the forum in yellow. ;lol (j/k, of course)

Just offering some feedback is all.... do what you want with it.

Unless there is a trend change, it appears that the "Its fine as it is" is showing as the winner. How about we just let this stew a bit more as it is. I am sure that it will be revisited if it truly is a pain.

I am gonna close this to allow it a peaceful death, but don't be afraid to bring up potential changes. Craig is always striving to make this place the best it can be.

It's a perfectly appropriate suggestion. Us regular old lowly Mods can't do anything about the yellow highlighting...only the Webmaster can change that. He's been pretty dang busy here lately getting the software update installed and up and running smoothly and adding back in some of the extra features we all enjoy. When the dust settles and he has more time for routine stuff, he can entertain your feedback. Thanks, Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.