"Stickin it to the Man!!!!"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyny

Feeling the Heat
Nov 16, 2007
upstate ny
Anybody else "Stickin it to the Man!!!" out there. LOL. The other day I sold a heat convector off craigslist and the guy stuck around for more than an hour fascinated with the wood boiler. He was an interesting character. He thought I was using some other sort of heat source besides the wood boiler. I showed him the gas boiler and water heater with the gas valves shut off. It was about 10 degrees out with a 30 mph wind and 65 in the house. He shook my hand and said "WOW you really are STICKIN TO THE MAN DUDE". I simply said, with a grin on my face. UHHH YEP. I never really though of that way. I just do what I do to save a buck, plus its a great hobbie, but now I REALLY AM STICKIN TO THE MAN. Whoever he is.

Yep, every time I bring in some wood, I smile at how, thanks to my new system, several large armloads of wood per day, on an average day = no money spent on oil, and a house that is generally warmer than I could ever keep it when I was heating with oil.

Now, if I could only build a backyard wood still + Fischer-Tropsch refining process to make some liquid vehicular fuel from wood! Maybe some of the Boiler Room's benevolent mad scientists who are getting itchy now that they have their heating systems all worked out could launch a "mini-Manhattan project" on that :coolgrin:

I use that term to describe my wood heating habit which just started last winter, my buddies all laugh of course. But I tell em I can get er as hot as I want and owe the man no more money for doing it, as I have the power!! whodaman

How about this, I zoned my e-classic to my repair shop. The other zone feeds my two story farmhouse with an apartment. For tax purposes i only absorb 25% of all costs. That includes chain saw , splitter, sawing gear ,boiler,piping,etc ect. It's amazing that i could be pi$$ed for buying last year ("07")and not getting the credit,but i am. stickin it to the man ,you bet !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.