Stihl 011

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeheat

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Buddy stopped by last night for some beers , He's giving Me a 011 he thinks it needs a p/c . I looked at baileys and no luck for parts. Is it worth fixing or am I going to have 400 in a 100 dollar saw??

I have one also. (011) A great little saw for what it is. Keep it sharp and it cuts great. A lot of times it beats lugging my 028 around. Not sure about parts. Try http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/ You can probably find some info there. Do a search for 011 parts.

Thank your buddy for the saw, then put it on a shelf. If you need a smaller saw, look for a used MS-180, $125 in good shape. Fix the 011 when you have time, or get bored.
Both good saws, but the MS-180 is the easier and more nimble saw to use.

great little saw.....I have two old 015's and I absolutely love those old limbing saws. Lots of parts on Ebay, even if you have to buy a parts saw to get what you need. Definately worth fixing if you ask me......

Beetle-Kill said:
Thank your buddy for the saw, then put it on a shelf. If you need a smaller saw, look for a used MS-180, $125 in good shape. Fix the 011 when you have time, or get bored.
Both good saws, but the MS-180 is the easier and more nimble saw to use.
On craigslist someone has a 170 for 100 looks used but ok Maybe I will go that route

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.