Stihl 015av question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G Stag

Jan 31, 2009
Central, PA
I have a Stihl 015 av that I have a new bar and chain for. The new bar and chain is 3/8" but the saw is set up for 1/4" pitch. What All would I have to replace on the saw to convert it over to 3/8"?

G Stag said:
I have a Stihl 015 av that I have a new bar and chain for. The new bar and chain is 3/8" but the saw is set up for 1/4" pitch. What All would I have to replace on the saw to convert it over to 3/8"?

The drive sprocket is the other item that has to be changed to do a size chain on any saw... Depending on the saw you might also need to change the clutch drum, depending on whether the sprocket and drum are one piece or if you have a rim sprocket... Not sure which your saw uses.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.