Stihl 025 on CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougand3

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2008
North Alabama
Stihl 025 Chainsaw-Needs Work - $75 (Georgetown)
Cleaning our garage and I have a 4 year old Stihl 025 16" chain saw to sell. Was stuck in tree last year and when the tree fell it bent bar and pulled bar stud out. It still runs great but needs stud replaced. Its only been used to cut my firewood at my home. 75.00
stihl025a.jpg stihl025b.jpg

Anybody deal with this? The bar stud is pulled out 3/8" or so. I'm wondering if the stud seats in plastic that it stripped threads and you need to replace whole bar side of body?

You shouldnt need to replace that half of the saw... as long as the damage isnt severe there. You can try to re-tighten the stud (double nut the stud, turn it in, then use two wrenches to get the nuts off). Or, you can buy an oversized stud for that model saw if the hole is wallowed out some. Stihl Part # 1123 664 2405 (thats from a post over on AS)

Thanks, Clarkbug. He sold it before I got there.

Thanks, Clarkbug. He sold it before I got there.
That's my luck with CL as well, either can't get a reply or when I do already sold.

Yes, lots of discourteous people on CL. If they sell something, they don't bother to reply "sold" to text or email but then leave ad up for weeks. With this Stihl 025, it was in Chattanooga (100 miles away). I went there Sunday for shopping and didn't hold much hope that it would still be there. This was one of the few Stihl sellers who doesn't think it's worth 90% of a new comparable saw price for a 20 year old saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.