stihl 025

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
friend has stihl 025 for sale...100.00 runs and cuts good....i think im gonna get it...gotta big a huge upgrade from my poulan saw.....any pros cons on this saw?

Nice Saw Buy it! :cheese: Pros are its a pro saw shhhhhhhhhh!

Pros- are it is a good mid range homeowner saw and has the most power for that platform. $100 is cheap, go get it!

Cons- None when compared to your poulan

HittinSteel said:
Pros- are it is a good mid range homeowner saw and has the most power for that platform. $100 is cheap, go get it!

the 0's are all built like a pro saw,shhhh

My neighbor gave me his that hadnt been run in 10 years, I gassed it up and it started on the 2nd pull. Went and cut some wood the next day.

smokinjay said:
HittinSteel said:

Aren't they clamshell piston and cylinder design like the new ones?

HittinSteel said:
smokinjay said:
HittinSteel said:

Aren't they clamshell piston and cylinder design like the new ones?

Not a 100 percent on the 025 but pretty sure its not.

Status
Not open for further replies.