Stihl 034 With 036 Parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it at least runs like he says it runs, I think it's a good deal. Especially since your getting a 24 and 28" bars with 6 chains. Maybe he could knock off 10-20 bucks to make it a better deal although 150 is pretty good. I don't know if it's a good idea to run a 28" as I think the 24 is the limit on that saw, I could be wrong. I have a ms390 and have a 25" that I use on it sometimes but mostly have the 20" bar running.

Yeah, I don't need it. Don't wanna buy everything under the sun.

I had a 034 I bought new in1988 and sold it in 2008 and it looked much better than that saw. I only ran a 20 inch bar on it as I dont think they are made for much bigger bars than that. I sold mine for $200.

Shipper

If you are looking for a saw to run a 20" bar, that is a good deal. 25" would be a stretch......28" is ridiculous.

I agree it is to close in performance to your 290 unless you needed a backup.

You need a 70cc class saw minimum for a 28" IMHO.

Save your pennies and keep a lookout for a good used 044/046 or a 372XP/2171.

25"-28" would be to much for the saw. I run a 036 with a 20". I think Sthil only recommends it up to 20".

"IF" this is a good running stihl saw with a 24 inch and a 28 inch bar and a few chains it is a deal.. I would sell the bars on the bay recoup some doh and buy a 20 inch bar and a few chains....

Heck if the bars are good and of a good brand I may be interested....

Status
Not open for further replies.