Stihl 041 Flooding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laynes69

Minister of Fire
Oct 2, 2006
Ashland OH
A few years ago I decided to fix this old saw. After an electronic module, a carb rebuild the saw has done well for a few years. Here recently its flooding out badly. It won't start and fuel is coming out the exhaust. I have pulled the plug and turned it over to clear gas, but its spraying out. I tore down the carb and cleaned everything, but still flooding. ????

Its fixed. I think there was some dirt in the carb initally. After cleaning it, when I put it back together the diagrahm didnt seat with the metering lever. Also I adjusted the metering lever a little, it was angled slightly. On a positive note, my old chain from my 455 rancher was too stretched for adjustment on the saw. I found out that the chain fit the 041 which the old one was down to nubs. Now I have a good chain on the 041 and a new chain for the 455.

Hi screw back to the left a touch as well! 1/16 turn.

I'll do that. The old saw amazes me. Its around 30 years old, which was used by a professional tree service for 6 or 7 years before dad bought it. He used it for a good 10 years or more after that cutting alot of wood. It sat for some years before I decided to get it running again. When I tore it down to check everything, it had the original 1 ring piston. Everything looked good so I put it back together. It doesn't have the rpms of a new saw, but its got torque. My only complaint is its heavy and my hands will go numb if operating the thing for extended periods of time. Still I can't complain, its been a good saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.