stihl 041 Is worth it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mecreature

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2010
indiana
I know hard to tell from a pic but usually the stihls on cl are too pricey, when a few more bucks could get new.

link

might be fun tinkering around with. he still had it last night.

anyway just curious. I check daily

That doesn't sound out of line to me. The 041 was a pretty darn good firewood saw. At $175 I would sure consider it if I was in the market.

That saw definately has some time on it. You can get a new MS 250 for under 300 bucks, with a 18 inch bar and .325 chain. Warranty also,,, just a thought.

Joey said:
You can get a new MS 250 for under 300 bucks,

An MS 250, while being a darn nice saw, will not compare to the capabilities of an 041. Your comparing a 61cc saw to a 45cc. Just sayin'.

Jags said:
Joey said:

An MS 250, while being a darn nice saw, will not compare to the capabilities of an 041. Your comparing a 61cc saw to a 45cc. Just sayin'.

yeah.. I know.. new sure is nice. but I am getting by with my cheapo saws right now. I like tinkering too.
I can always make a quick run out to smokinjays, he can get a saw running good on a tight budget.
Everything that comes up on CL that is a good deal gets snagged up quick.
Its a good idea to keep a couple hundred bucks in my wallet and when I see a deal get on it.

mecreature said:
Jags said:
Joey said:

yeah.. I know.. new sure is nice. but I am getting by with my cheapo saws right now. I like tinkering too.
I can always make a quick run out to smokinjays, he can get a saw running good on a tight budget.
Everything that comes up on CL that is a good deal gets snagged up quick.
Its a good idea to keep a couple hundred bucks in my wallet and when I see a deal get on it.

Last one was 13.47 cents....That was 13.47cents more than I needed. New plug and fuel filter! They look really good so I still have them. ;-)

Oh and I think 175.00 is way high! Hundo if it starts......... ;-)

041's are nice, I have one. I would probably buy something like that for no more than $150 if it runs and cuts well, make sure the oiler works.

smokinjay said:
Oh and I think 175.00 is way high! Hundo if it starts......... ;-)

Really? I didn't think that was too bad of a price. I got on to the intrewebz after I posted and found a few listed for $225 and up. Just say'in. If it was a good runner, I don't think I would be afraid of a buck fitty for it.

thanks for looking guys.

What do you think about this weather jay.
We lucked into some picture perfect days for a bit.

mecreature said:
thanks for looking guys.

Unreal! we will pay! lol Got a another cord stacked yesterday...

smokinjay said:
mecreature said:
thanks for looking guys.

what kind of wood? Are you sitting pretty good.

mecreature said:
smokinjay said:
mecreature said:
thanks for looking guys.

what kind of wood? Are you sitting pretty good.

Ash and pin oak right now. Everyting I have is ash oak hickory (Pig and Shag) Black locust, hackberry sugar maple. Will do some softwood this fall for the shoulder season of 2012 and save some hardwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.