Stihl 064/066 update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
southbound said:
Ok let me elaborate a little..I was called in to cut danger trees but they are few and far between so most my time is with the hand cutters clearing anything that the bush hog can't get to.The bush hog goes just about anywhere so the stuff we do is usually strait up.One day we were talking about the fact that there just is not enough of the danger trees and someone said there are plenty of danger bushes for us to cut and the term stuck. It's one of those you had to be there type thing I guess but now when ever someone new comes along we warn them about those killer danger bushes....

On a side note danger trees are any tree that endanger the power line..Most are not a big deal but when you come up on one that can hit the line we have to do what ever it take to make sure it doesn't..Folks may or may not know this but all we have to do is get a tree to fall with in 3 foot of the line and it will arch and run the power to the ground..It will also burn all the leaves off and zap you if you get to close..now on the big 500 lines you your self will hold a charge till to touch a truck or the tractor and so on.. You know like start to sweat a little and pick up your saw and you get zapped and not a little zap either it does hurt..Waiting for it to stop my heart one day....

Yesterday one crew was out in a bucket truck removing some trees 80+ feet in the air in a thunder storm wind blowing and so on...Just glad it was not me :)

Next you will be spiking- up!

nope they wont let us.. we talked about this yesterday and they don't have climbers insurance...they figure all we need is the bucket trucks.....

southbound said:
nope they wont let us.. we talked about this yesterday and they don't have climbers insurance...they figure all we need is the bucket trucks.....

yep climbing is a whole new insurance policy!

Ok so it failed and I have not had time to look into it yet...Just that all the bar oil leaked out all over the shelf it was sitting on....

Any one with a husky to trade??????sorry just kidding I could never do that....

Status
Not open for further replies.