Stihl 084 Chain Saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
084 are very nice saws!

holland_Patrick: Our daughter and son-in-law are in Southington, and we are in Wallingford. If you are "in the market" for a chain saw, ......so am I. Perhaps we could search the stores together?????

Might be nice to have another pair of eyes and opinion along for the ride!

-Soupy1957

I bought mine for 750 many years ago. 850 would not be so bad if it had low hours. The current equal to the 084 is the MS 880 and is priced North of 16 or 17 hundred I believe. :gulp:

The 088/880 and the 084 are the same sized motors but there are considerable differences inside. the 088/880 develops more power than the 084 does when there stock. the factory changed a number of the things all for the better. they changed the combustion chamber volume from 13.5 cc to 11.5 cc. they lowered the squish clearance from .043 to .034. The newer 880 is running a ss muffler, but all in all the 084 can be modded pretty easy. (both 121.6 cc)

Status
Not open for further replies.