Stihl 192T or 200T

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webie

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2009
Wisconsin
There seems to be a good size price difference in these 2 saws . I have a lead on a used MS200T that looks to only have a few hours use on it . It is however 1.5 years old . I have been trying to figure out what this thing is worth he is asking 500 . I think thats a bit high . I have MS 180 and it is about 2HP which is not alot just wondering if there is a big difference in power between the 192T and the 200T Because if I wanted a 192 T I could buy a new one for less .
So can any of you tell me the good and the bad of these to saws .
Thanks
Webie

At 500 I would just buy a new one..........................the 192t is much lighter and cheeper if your not climbing I would go with the 192 its got more then enough power for branchs

I see in stihls specs there is almost a pound difference . I dont see at 7.9 lbs the 200T weight to be an issue . What would you think be a fair price on this . Never know what the guy will take . It seams he is haveing some family issues so you never know what cash can do .

webie said:
I see in stihls specs there is almost a pound difference . I dont see at 7.9 lbs the 200T weight to be an issue . What would you think be a fair price on this . Never know what the guy will take . It seams he is haveing some family issues so you never know what cash can do .

your right but the 192 is 200lbs cheeper and for what you use them for the horse power not needed now if I where a climber you can bet I would go with the 200t but these little saw are not going to do anything but clean up the crap to get the bigger saws in there... under 4 in. doesnt take much to get it done

Now for me to jump on the use 200t I would be a buyer around 350.00 it is a better saw than the 192 but how much you will be useing it plays a big part..knowing that a 192 can be bought at new 300.00 and I pick up a demo at 225.00

Status
Not open for further replies.