Stihl 192T spark arrestor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgt7546

Sep 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
If I pull the spark arrestor out of my new 192t will it help the little saw at all? If so, do I need to do any type of adjustment? And lastly, can the lack of a spark arrestor cause any harm to the saw.

Thanks in advance.

Dont think your going to pick up any power this way.....Good chains that 192t (given your cutting 6 in and under) will limb as fast as I can go.

smokinjay said:
Dont think your going to pick up any power this way.....Good chains that 192t (given your cutting 6 in and under) will limb as fast as I can go.

Thanks Jay,
That's kinda what I wanted to know.

The 192 is a "home owner" version of the MS200T. I have been warned by my STIHL dealer to stay away from it. Now as an occasional user who owns one, yes you can remove the spark arrestor. This will give you free flowing exhaust, more noise, and you will not have to worry about the screen plugging up with 2 cycle residue. The only advantage to removal is lack of build up which will rob power!

RNLA said:
The 192 is a "home owner" version of the MS200T. I have been warned by my STIHL dealer to stay away from it. Now as an occasional user who owns one, yes you can remove the spark arrestor. This will give you free flowing exhaust, more noise, and you will not have to worry about the screen plugging up with 2 cycle residue. The only advantage to removal is lack of build up which will rob power!

The 192t Is Not a home owner saw it is a top handle Abroist saw and if your dealer warn you anything about a 192t it should have been it is not for a home owner.....lol It is a cheeper saw than the 200t but every saw in the top handle class is (but is much lighter) I dont use one offten enough to justify 600.00.....Spark arrestor should stay in place even on a Muffler Modd. Keeps it form spitting fire! lol

http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/tree-service.html

I fully understand the official rating and classification of the 192. However the statement I made was "home owner" in quotes as to be suggestive. The dealer I go to sells hundreds of saws a year to local government, and tree care professionals. His business is more than half commercial sales. He made the suggestion that most professionals do not like this saw for lack of power. I did not mean to insult anyone who has one and likes it.

RNLA said:
I fully understand the official rating and classification of the 192. However the statement I made was "home owner" in quotes as to be suggestive. The dealer I go to sells hundreds of saws a year to local government, and tree care professionals. His business is more than half commercial sales. He made the suggestion that most professionals do not like this saw for lack of power. I did not mean to insult anyone who has one and likes it.

Just making sure people dont buy one of these thinking its a home owner saw. It is in fact a 180 or 170 cant rember what one but in a different frame. I really like my 180 when I traded it for a 511a with cyclone wheel, but if you run one like it was made to do it will zip through branchs with the quickness. Now the 200 t has more power for sure and if I was in a bucket thats what I would run. I use the little 192t to clear a path for the 361's so 4-5 inch branchs tops. 8.8lbs its a keeper!

Its also great when on a latter high up doing one handed work. I can't think of how I would do it otherwise. Of course the 200t would do also.

Status
Not open for further replies.