Stihl 361 or Husqvarna 357XP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conclusion: Both saws are excellent and would easily outlast my remaining cutting years.

Finally, I was able to make it through the 36" to 42" rounds of ash. My splitting for the year is essentiually finished, thanks to my overworked Stihl MS250, four wedges, two sledges, two very much stronger and younger buddies, a "hookaroon" (real time saver), and my new 26 ton Iron and Oak vertical/horizontal splitter (what a machine).

So, I will not purchase another saw this year. However, next spring/summer I will purchase a new saw and at this point am leaning towards the 342XP or the 357XP. It seems that when considering saws in the category we call "the best", saw ergonomics and service provided by the local dealer are perhaps the two most important considerations.

Thanks, all, for the feedback.

John_M

I own a ms360- 20inch bar. Great saw! Had it for 7 years. Cut over 70 cords of wood, not one problem, ever! Still runs like new! Amsoil oil mix and Seafoam fuel additive. It's had one spark plug change.

John_M said:
So, I will not purchase another saw this year. However, next spring/summer I will purchase a new saw and at this point am leaning towards the 342XP or the 357XP. It seems that when considering saws in the category we call "the best", saw ergonomics and service provided by the local dealer are perhaps the two most important considerations.

If you like the Huskies, make sure you check out the Jonsereds. Not sure where you are in CNY...my local dealer is ECK just south of Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.