STIHL CHAIN SAWS ARE JUNK!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you live in South Carolina and you're cutting wood, I hope it's to fire a steam-powered generator to run your A/C!

I hated my MS250 for the first few years that I had it. It turned out that the Chinese carb had a manufacturing/design defect that allowed the diaphragm cover to warp when the saw heated up. I sealed it up with a little silicon and now it runs fine.

I like my other Husqy saws very well, and think they start easier, but I "still" bought a Stihl MS200T in the spring for limbing. It is a little monster that I have grown fond of.

I find that regular gas and a little Stabil work ok for me. If I blow it and leave some gas in the carb for a month, bad things do not appear to happen.

Tuning the carbs for the altitude that you work at makes a big difference as well.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.