Stihl cutting boots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richardg40

Mar 11, 2013
Bought these boots size 12 ( usually wear size 11 ) . I like them they are comfortable but the problem is when it comes time to take them off my feet they are very hard to remove .

i though that after a while they would be broken but no i've had them almost 1 year now .

I have very thick feet . Looking at buying another brand but they need to be rubber boots as where i cut is pretty wet .

Anyone have any comments on the subject of cutting boots .

On the subject of cutting boots ... Don't do it!

In all seriousness, I don't have the same kind of boots you have. In do use regular leather steel toe work boots while cutting and they too are a fair bit of work to put on and take off. I think it just comes with the territory for that kind of footwear.

Reactions: D8Chumley
$299 for them? Wow, is that what forestry boots cost or is it just because they say Stihl on them? I just use my steel toe boots I have to wear for work with my chaps

Reactions: Jazzberry and Ash
I got my husqvarna boots from a dealer with felt booties for $114 out the door.

The price difference must be in the name...

They look identical on the stihl website to my boots. The regular looks like the regular viking boot, and the special like the Husqvarna boot. I love my boots.

Jesus $299 for Stihl boots? Somebody better put a gag in my mouth quick.

I didn't pay $ 299 . Paid like $ 115 taxes in . Getting a little better at taking them off . I use the end of the patio step to pry them off .

It was prolly the pro boots that were $299? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.