stihl electric?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

houblon

Nov 21, 2005
My cheap electric chainsaw went up in smoke and I thought this time I buy something better, but I want to keep it electric. The local store has a stihl electric - for $300. That's the smallest 12in I think.
Does anyone have experience with this saw? Is it really worth the money?

I don't have a lot to cut, just the occasional branches and pieces that are too large for the stove, around the house.

B

Hello Barney,
I have used the commercial Stihl 220 volt in my firewood operation with no problems. We cut thousands of cords with the two that we had. They have alot of torque and do not jam like a gas saw. They just kick out like a bull. I am sure their smaller unit will treat you well. Enjoy!
Thomas

The best electric chain saw I have used is a Makita. I would check Ebay. The last Time I burned out the cheapy electrics (About every 3 years) I was going to buy a Makita But cheaped out again. next time it will be a Makita

Status
Not open for further replies.