Stihl floppy caps age?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2008
Upstate South Carolina
A friend was wanting to buy a limb saw and knew that I had a MS250, So he calls me wanting to know what i thought about the saw. The one he is looking at has the old style screw on fuel and oil caps. All my saws have the newer floppy caps so this got me to wondering when the floppy caps were introduced. Is it possable to roughly date a saw by what kind of caps it has? What year, when were the newer floppy caps introduced? David.

No flippy's means it's probably an 025. Later model 025's are identical to your MS250 except for the caps and early ones aren't very far off either. No idea on the specific year, roughly 1991-2001 I believe for the 025.

Reactions: smokinj
Never had a problem with the flippy caps but still would prefer the screw on caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.