Stihl ms341 Opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingjib

Jan 21, 2010
Eastern Canada
Any opinions on a 341.It appears to be a detuned 361.I can get a brand new one locally for $400 Can. from a place going out of business.I cut no more than 10 cord of wood a year,mostly junking firewood but some thinning and dropping larger trees.Oak,birch and maple.I currently run a 039 which has served me well for the past 15 or 16 years.Just thinking of upgrading and having a spare at hand.
Thanks in advance.

Earl

They dont sale them in the states but I know its the same manual and if its anywhere close to a 361 and it should be its a bad @ss saw!

Yeah,from what I can determine it's the same cylinder head,piston and crank as the 361 just detuned to give 0.2 less HP and sold cheaper than the 361.Go figgure.Should be a good saw.

Earl

flyingjib said:
Yeah,from what I can determine it's the same cylinder head,piston and crank as the 361 just detuned to give 0.2 less HP and sold cheaper than the 361.Go figgure.Should be a good saw.

Earl

limit caps off new muffler and its a 361

jay,that seems to be the concensus on the aborist web site also.What do you think of the price?It's new with warranty for $400 Canadian.That would probably be around $360 US.Comes with a 16" bar and chain,wrench,file and blade guard.

Earl

flyingjib said:
jay,that seems to be the concensus on the aborist web site also.What do you think of the price?It's new with warranty for $400 Canadian.That would probably be around $360 US.Comes with a 16" bar and chain,wrench,file and blade guard.

Earl
if you where buying a 361 in the states it would be 619.00 us dollars so 360.00 and just a few simple tricks sounds like a GREAT BUY!

Thanks jay I'll give it a look. Oh,yeah,I log on as 'flyingjib' on my work computer.Don't tell the boss.

Earl

E.W. said:
Thanks jay I'll give it a look. Oh,yeah,I log on as 'flyingjib' on my work computer.Don't tell the boss.

Earl
lol

I have an 18 yr old 034 and it it my favorite saw by a long shot. I have an 026 and don't like it. I just bought a 441 and found myself using the 034 more than my new 800 dollar 441. I just love that saw, so much that I wish I would have got the 361 instead of the 441.

Status
Not open for further replies.