Stihl MS360 or 036

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K2Orion

Apr 2, 2009
St. Louis Mo
What is the difference?
Is an MS360 the newer version of an 036?
I've been looking for a used saw about this size. Which of these 2 would be a better saw, at the same price and in similar condition ?What are the advantages of each?

The 036 has slightly more power than the MS360 (less than .5 hp) but I believe they have the same bore/size. If they were the same price I would go new with the warranty, but I can't see a used saw the same size costing as much as a new one.

K2Orion said:
What is the difference?
Is an MS360 the newer version of an 036?
I've been looking for a used saw about this size. Which of these 2 would be a better saw, at the same price and in similar condition ?What are the advantages of each?
there to close to make a call like that if both being new its still a toss up

Backroads said:
The 036 has slightly more power than the MS360 (less than .5 hp) but I believe they have the same bore/size. If they were the same price I would go new with the warranty, but I can't see a used saw the same size costing as much as a new one.
The 036 and 360 are basically the same saw, and neither are still made. The 361 is the current model and it replaced the 360 several years ago. All three are highly desirable saws and all demand a premium in the market place.

Thanks wet1. I thought I remembered seeing a MS360 on the shelf for sale at one of the local shops. Must of been a left over or my eyes are bad and it really was a 361. Though I didn't really look at it because I new it was out of my price range. Either way, that's for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.