1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Stihl Ms362 write up

Post in 'The Gear' started by thetooth, Dec 24, 2012.

1. thetooth

thetooth Member

Loc:
    East Coast
    I had a chance to use the new MS362 a few weekends back to cut up some hickory that was down at a friends house . I ran about 5 tanks of gas through . I found that the 3/8 chain and bigger motor did a nice job compared to my MS270 . The motor and muffler combination has a nice throaty sound . I did notice that it is a little heavier than my 270 ( about 2 pounds ) so I think I will keep the 270 for limbing and small stuff .

All and all I am very pleased I am sure the power will just get better as the saw breaks in . i hope to get many years of service from it .

A few photos . The rounds are Hickory and the stacked wood is a mix of Hickory , Cherry , and Red Oak .

Attached Files:

Boog and Beer Belly like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Good to hear
    If I were to get a new saw now, the ms 362 is on top of the list with a 20" bar.

Nice stack of wood.
    Green grass :eek:
  3. thetooth

thetooth Member

Loc:
    East Coast
    Thats the combo I purchased with the 20" bar . My dealer threw me a little bone to because I bought a fs90 weed wacker at the same time .