Stihl Ms362 write up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetooth

Aug 20, 2011
East Coast
I had a chance to use the new MS362 a few weekends back to cut up some hickory that was down at a friends house . I ran about 5 tanks of gas through . I found that the 3/8 chain and bigger motor did a nice job compared to my MS270 . The motor and muffler combination has a nice throaty sound . I did notice that it is a little heavier than my 270 ( about 2 pounds ) so I think I will keep the 270 for limbing and small stuff .

All and all I am very pleased I am sure the power will just get better as the saw breaks in . i hope to get many years of service from it .

A few photos . The rounds are Hickory and the stacked wood is a mix of Hickory , Cherry , and Red Oak .

Attachments

• wood pile (1).jpg
    wood pile (1).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 151
  • wood pile.jpg
    wood pile.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: Boog and Beer Belly
Good to hear
If I were to get a new saw now, the ms 362 is on top of the list with a 20" bar.

Nice stack of wood.
Green grass :eek:

Good to hear
If I were to get a new saw now, the ms 362 is on top of the list with a 20" bar.

Nice stack of wood.
Green grass :eek:

Thats the combo I purchased with the 20" bar . My dealer threw me a little bone to because I bought a fs90 weed wacker at the same time .

Status
Not open for further replies.