Stihl Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One last question. Should I ask for a discount? Or is the MSP. the proper price?

Farmer Sue said:
One last question. Should I ask for a discount? Or is the MSP. the proper price?

lot of the time you can get 10 percent off a new saw just ask..

Farmer Sue said:

Prolly not going to get any kind of a discount. Go in stating that you're leaning toward the 290 but are considering the 390. Let the salesman give you the pitch, make like you're considering it, then say, "Throw in a gallon of bar oil and a stihl hat, and the 390 it is."

CrawfordCentury said:
Farmer Sue said:

Prolly not going to get any kind of a discount. Go in stating that you're leaning toward the 290 but are considering the 390. Let the salesman give you the pitch, make like you're considering it, then say, "Throw in a gallon of bar oil and a stihl hat, and the 390 it is."

I can get 10 percent off any sthil products at 2 dealers no tricks just ask for the price out the door...

Crawford, no discount? You serious? I just walked out with a 361 w/18" bar, 16" bar, 3 RSC chains, a gallon of bar oil, file kit, and 6-pack of 2-stroke oil for $640. MSRP would have been somewhere around $720. Sue, 10% is reasonable, but you might be better off getting some accessories you'll need at a substantial discount. In any case, a small dealer would be shooting himself in the foot if he wasn't willing to 'move' a bit--especially in my area where there are 4 Stihl dealers within 15 miles.

Don't be afraid to ask.

Good luck,

S

Well I'm back to the farm.
Husband was waiting.
He got tipped off when I put it on the Farm Acct. I got 10% off. But they had to call him and verify.
There was a 361 Pro and a box full of this and that in the back of the truck. Hubby and this and that are gone. Sounds like they are mating!! Can you really cut wood at night?
I think I did Well?!!

Still wondering if ya'll heat anything with the wood ya cut? And nice choice on the saw! Buy him some PPE so he'll be around longer in case of accident and you'd be the perfect wifey!

Thanks for your info about PPE. Labonville has set him up. My Husband is a Combat Disabled Marine.
He has a saying. If it didn't Kill me. Then Just XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX.

Sue, first of all tell your husband i said thank you for his service for my freedom, secondly i like wheel of fortune and I'm trying to figure out your husbands saying so can i buy a T?

I've found that either cash rules or I'm walking when it comes to saws. I had one lady when asked what she could do for me ask me what I could do for her. Didn't end well and I ended up walking out. Now looking for a 660, buddy is wanting one of those, a 362 for his dad and a splitter. Guess who I won't be asking...
Cash rules now and in the future.
Chad

Good job.
Good choice.
Good wife.
:exclaim:

Chad, the answer to that is simple-- what can I do for you? I can buy this product and keep you in business. And then, I'll tell my friends and we'll all keep coming back for good service. Or, I can walk out and make sure all my friends no where not to shop. Businesspeople with the "I don't need your business attitude" don't remain businesspeople very long. In the last 6 months, my local shop has gotten over $3K in new business from me and my peeps--as a result of a catalog request that another dealer denied (told me to go to the website!).

Sue, like I said, you're a super wife!

S

thinkxingu said:
Crawford, no discount? You serious? I just walked out with a 361 w/18" bar, 16" bar, 3 RSC chains, a gallon of bar oil, file kit, and 6-pack of 2-stroke oil for $640. MSRP would have been somewhere around $720. Sue, 10% is reasonable, but you might be better off getting some accessories you'll need at a substantial discount. In any case, a small dealer would be shooting himself in the foot if he wasn't willing to 'move' a bit--especially in my area where there are 4 Stihl dealers within 15 miles.

Don't be afraid to ask.

Good luck,

S

Only 1 dealer in the area and he's pretty stingy on any of the homeowner/occasional use models. If I were a logger or an arborist dropping big bills on a couple 660s a year for myself and a crew, that'd be a different story.

Probably why the only saw I've bought off him is my little limbing saw. All the others (38cc-84cc) were yard sale finds.

Status
Not open for further replies.