Stihl Saw Advice 250 or 290?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ikessky said:
J-Man said:
Well the procrastination is over with - picked up a 290 today. Only had the chance to run it for 20 minutes or so - I like!
Good choice. It comes to full power after a few tanks of gas, so get out there and get cutting!!!! Actually, I saw a big improvement with a semi-chisel chain also.

I went back out today and took care of the rest of the odd size stuff I had hanging around. Over the next couple of weeks I hope to drop a tree or two. I'll keep the training wheel chain for now - it seems to cut like butter so I'm looking forward to seeing what full chisel feels like some day - I've read a lot about it on this site.

No harm in that at all. You've got to be comfortable with the tool or else you will get hurt, regardless of if it is a hammer or a chainsaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.