stihl vs woodland pro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

splitoak

Nov 6, 2013
Jefferson Co, WV
Hey guys was wondering...is the stihl rs chain worth almost twice as much as the baileys full chisel chain?..pros and cons of each..

All I've ever used are Stihl chains and have no complaints whatsoever.

I have some of both types, so I can weigh in.

Its made by Carlton (or at least used to be), so made in the states. Can be bought by the 10 pack somewhat cheaply (if you have a 20" Stihl running 3/8", .050, 10 chains is about $150 shipped). Seems to stretch out at first, but is fine after a few minutes on the bar.

The only stihl chain I have came with used saws, or as part of a lot I bought off of eBay. Still cuts well, but needed a different file size for me to sharpen it.

Honestly, I wouldnt pay twice as much for the Stihl chains. They arent that much better to me. Im just a guy that cuts wood for his house, someone who does it for a living might think differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.