stihl with stuck throttle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Csmith

Jul 3, 2006
When I let go of the throttle trigger it sticks (on full throttle) :ahhh: I have to slap it with my finger to dislodge it. The saw is still under warranty so I could take it to the dealer, but is this a common problem that I should just solve with WD40 ?

Thanks

If it is still under warranty, the dealer might be your best bet. It could be something like a broken return spring - does the trigger still seem to have normal tension through the rest of the range? Or it may be something as simple as a little tree sap in the wrong spot.

Can you feel it binding up as you squeeze the throttle? If you can't - I'd guess a spring - but if under warranty, and they are relatively close by - I'd say bring it to the dealer.

Robbie said:
Could be a kinked throttle cable too........mine did this, it was kinked and would not let the cable go through freely.

New cable fixed it.

Robbie
Never saw a throttle cable on a chain saw? :gulp:

Status
Not open for further replies.