Stihl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

EH knows of this retail equipment store in Norfolk Mitches been in businsee for years. they were a stihl dealer up till this year They would sell about 100 stihl a year and had a good stock pile of inventory parts for repairs. Real good people well it seems another power equipment mover up the street from them a couple of years back all was ok they already had a customer base and really they survived on their own customer bases. Well Stihl tells Mitches that 100 units in not enough they should be selling 200 units and tell they to anti up 250k or they were taking the business up the street. And they did 20 years of loyalty gone. Mitch brought in the Domar line and Johnsered to make up the difference.

I looked at the 5100 Dolmar 18' bar $300 almost walked out with it but I still waiting for my Stihl 041 farm boss to die. I do not need the big ass saw anymore something in the middle. My farm boss man is that heavy compared to the Dolmar. I'll tell you the johnsesreds look mighty fine too

politics is everywhere.....

Just went through it with a floor sander manufacture

That's a real shame Elk. Unfortunately not an uncommon story. Loyalty should be honored and celebrated, not tossed aside. Too bad so many businesses these days are only looking at the bottom line. Doing so compromises so many aspects of a business, essentially changing the business. Clearly the bean counter at Stihl did not consider the reputation of "Mitches". And in the long run, unless the other shop matches or exceeds the service found at Mitches the Stihl name will only suffer in that locale, no matter how many saws the other guy sells.

-Kevin

elkimmeg said:
EH knows of this retail equipment store in Norfolk Mitches been in businsee for years. they were a stihl dealer up till this year They would sell about 100 stihl a year and had a good stock pile of inventory parts for repairs. Real good people well it seems another power equipment mover up the street from them a couple of years back all was ok they already had a customer base and really they survived on their own customer bases. Well Stihl tells Mitches that 100 units in not enough they should be selling 200 units and tell they to anti up 250k or they were taking the business up the street. And they did 20 years of loyalty gone. Mitch brought in the Domar line and Johnsered to make up the difference.

I looked at the 5100 Dolmar 18' bar $300 almost walked out with it but I still waiting for my Stihl 041 farm boss to die. I do not need the big ass saw anymore something in the middle. My farm boss man is that heavy compared to the Dolmar. I'll tell you the johnsesreds look mighty fine too
Elk let me guess NPE got the dealership?

Actually $329 but Considering the business I have given them in the past heavey equipment repairs They offered it to me for that price.
Since ythere is no internet sles for the Dolmar and you want one Let me know I can see what I can get for a volume buy.
I think these a 14,500 RPMs saws Net weight without bar and chain 11.2 lbs

EH NPE tha's right

I am a Dolmar dealer, that price HAS to be a mistake. Re you sure it's not a 510 instead of a 5100? Even at that you got a smokin deal.

Elk are you going to buy one so I can try it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.