Still Burning in in April

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidV

Nov 20, 2005
Richmond VA
High winds and chilly weather. Had a power outage today. Was happy to have the stove.

saw snow in the background on the horrible VPI footage today. In April..and yes it is great to have the stove isn't it! I think we're truly near the end now, just gonna be taken the chill off here or there.

I hear ya!It's hovering around 0*C plusminus 5* here lately;not real cold but rather damp.I still have a fire on every night cause the backup oil boiler just won't get rid of the uncomfortable humidity in the house.

Never figure on the heating season to end before mid-May and sometimes not until after Memorial Day here.

Burning more in April than I did in December, global freezing! Will be burning today and at night all week from the looks of the forecast.

Since November our pellet stove has not been off
other than for a full once a month cleanout.
As I recall, we burned into May last year, but not
on a daily basis like this. Oh well. Just glad I have
a good supply of pellets, no power outages, and
the stove has been running ace.

zeta said:
Since November our pellet stove has not been off
other than for a full once a month cleanout.
As I recall, we burned into May last year, but not
on a daily basis like this. Oh well. Just glad I have
a good supply of pellets, no power outages, and
the stove has been running ace.

Always nice when preparation meets necessity and everything works ok perfectly!

babalu87 said:
Burning more in April than I did in December, global freezing! Will be burning today and at night all week from the looks of the forecast.

The real inconvenient truth about global warming is that it's darn cold out....

Hang in there my fellow Mass peeps...it is going to hit 70 on Monday!!!!

But then again, it can change within a week or so and the stove will be back on!

Status
Not open for further replies.