Still burning!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The groundhog needs to die.

GroundhogDay.jpg

Snowed on and off all day yesterday. Woke up to temps in the high teens. Burn on, big Isle Royale, burn on.

Reactions: raybonz
Snowed on and off all day yesterday. Woke up to temps in the high teens. Burn on, big Isle Royale, burn on.
Wow that's unbelievable! Came close to 80 degrees here yesterday and ran the A/C on the ride home from Boston a little bit but has rained past 15 hrs. and has cooled down into the 50's here.. I don't recall ever seen temps in the teens in April here.. Stay warm! :)

Ray

For you groundhog haters....
A good comparison of the NOAA "outlook" -vs- actual temperatures for March.
(via @upstatenywx on Twitter)
5088_642302035786983_650147236_n.png

That kind of sums up predictions neatly.

Reactions: PapaDave
I predict tonight will be cold, unless it's not.
Tomorrow will be warmer, unless it isn't.
Man, this is easy.:p
You could be a new england weatherman Dave!

Ray

Thursday and Friday heavy wind from the south (tree blowing over wind) bringing warm air, t-shirt weather. Temps in the 60s during the day. Rain yesterday. Snow flurries today. Forecast for tonight: 21F.

The PH is chugging along happily.

The first daffodils are up, as are scilla and snowdrops. Hepatica burst into bloom throughout the woods yesterday. Wild garlic too. Crocus in bloom.

Reactions: raybonz and loon
Starting to think I live in the tropics here..

Reactions: rideau
I predict tonight will be cold, unless it's not.
Tomorrow will be warmer, unless it isn't.
Man, this is easy.:p

Kind of reminds me of George Carlin and his Hippy Dippy Weatherman.

The S word is in the forecast until Sat.
They are saying it is supposed to get into the 60's on Sat.
I would be happy if the sun comes out.
On Sunday we did get about 40, then it started to rain and it mixed with snow as it dropped into the 30's.
On the brighter side it didn't dip below 20 last night so that is a positive.

One thing with Spring being delayed, if the temps all of a sudden return to normal, the snow melt is going to cause massive flooding.

It's still dropping to the low 20's here, pine & hemlock doing the trick. It looks like next week the low temps come up 10-20 degrees.

Driving up through the north end of town on Friday evening - except for bare pavement on the highway it still looks like Feb for a few miles. Lawns, rooftops, still covered. Sun came out yesterday - the wind was still pretty chilly but we got some good melt. We still can't walk the back trails (deep punky snow in the bush, the dogs keep breaking through, not much fun). Superior is still tossing what looks like the last big chunks of ice up on the shoreline, but a couple warm days or some rain will probably finish it off.

I heard a radio weather guy this morning say that the far west of the UP (Michigan) is looking at a foot of new snow over the next day or so.

I can't wait for that first really nice weekend, to plant a beer or 2 in that last little snow pile by a shady tree near the fire pit.

The S word is in the forecast until Sat.
They are saying it is supposed to get into the 60's on Sat.
I would be happy if the sun comes out.
On Sunday we did get about 40, then it started to rain and it mixed with snow as it dropped into the 30's.
On the brighter side it didn't dip below 20 last night so that is a positive.

One thing with Spring being delayed, if the temps all of a sudden return to normal, the snow melt is going to cause massive flooding.
Here is something for the Minnesotans...snowiest April on record for St. Cloud.
(Why not Minn-StPaul? They've had 4th snowiest, but there's plenty of April left to go, so they could move up the list still)

STC_SNOW_STUFF_APRIL_19.png

from NOAA

Starting to think I live in the tropics here..

Still thinking that today???

Its 12:40 pm and currently 41 degrees in concord NH, i know you cant be too far off! sunny and 70 tommarow tho! ill take it!

Its 12:40 pm and currently 41 degrees in concord NH, i know you cant be too far off! sunny and 70 tommarow tho! ill take it!
I notice that it is still below freezing at midday today in much of Texas. (I said Texas). Currently 28F and prediction of snow viz:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AMARILLO TX
457 AM CDT TUE APR 23 2013

TXZ003>005-007>010-012>014-017-018-231800-
/O.NEW.KAMA.WW.Y.0008.130423T0957Z-130423T1800Z/
HANSFORD-OCHILTREE-LIPSCOMB-MOORE-HUTCHINSON-ROBERTS-HEMPHILL-
POTTER-CARSON-GRAY-RANDALL-ARMSTRONG-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SPEARMAN...GRUVER...PERRYTON...BOOKER...
HIGGINS...FOLLETT...DUMAS...BORGER...MIAMI...CANADIAN...
AMARILLO...PANHANDLE...WHITE DEER...PAMPA...CANYON...CLAUDE
457 AM CDT TUE APR 23 2013

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM CDT THIS
AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN AMARILLO HAS ISSUED A WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL
1 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON FOR MUCH OF THE TEXAS PANHANDLE.

* EVENT...OCCASIONAL LIGHT FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW WILL OCCUR.

* TIMING...PRECIPITATION WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE MORNING AND UNTIL
AROUND 1 PM TODAY.

* IMPACTS...A LIGHT GLAZE OF ICE WILL FORM ON ROADWAYS AND ELEVATED SURFACES.

Oh well....it's just been a strangely cold late winter/spring...It happens

Currently 28::F, do not know if it is even going to get above freezing today.
On the brighter side we didn't get hit by that last snowstorm so that is a plus.

Yes it is 41degrees here right now and I just loaded the stove.. Ran last few days one fire a day as low temp was 31.. Nice and toasty here ;)

Ray

It's nice now, but I usually get the stove started at night. This way it forces me to burn up the silver maple that I got cut down 5 years ago. Some of it's a little punky and sporting mushrooms, but at least it burns and I don't have to burn any of the "good" stuff, well at least if I actually had any good stuff left.

Its forecasted to be in the 70's this weekend with rain predicted into next week.
If it goes as predicted there are going to be many flooded basements.
As for the Red River and Fargo, hopefully their 1.75 million sandbags will be enough to stop the flood.

Its forecasted to be in the 70's this weekend with rain predicted into next week.
If it goes as predicted there are going to be many flooded basements.
As for the Red River and Fargo, hopefully their 1.75 million sandbags will be enough to stop the flood.
Good luck MM!

Ray

Just got in from the farm tilling a Deer Plot..The stove is on high right now ;)
Hey Terry how ya been? What is a deer plot and why are you tilling it? Right now it is 46 degrees here shouldn't be burning much more until the fall.. Still stacking and I am in very good shape woodwise ;)

Ray

Hey Terry how ya been? What is a deer plot and why are you tilling it? Right now it is 46 degrees here shouldn't be burning much more until the fall.. Still stacking and I am in very good shape woodwise ;)

Ray

Good Ray :) Will take the camera out this weekend and show ya whats up. Still pretty cool at nights for this guy <>

Status
Not open for further replies.