1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Still burning!!!!!!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by aansorge, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX-L

TX-L Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Tug Hill State Forest, NY
    Had a dusting of snow the last two mornings. Daytime highs in the 50s, not too bad, but the house gets cold with no fire, so I am still burning. I have LOTS of wood, so I don't mind, and the stove is a wood consumption miser. Lit a fire in October, haven't stopped since, and have used only 8.5 face cords of hard maple, bitternut hickory, beech, and red oak @ 15-16" long pieces (less than 3 full cords). As soon as it warms up a little, the black flies will be out in force. And the trout will be biting. :)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. aansorge

aansorge Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Minnesota
    Ran my stove this morning but its in the 70's now. Winter to summer in two days here in Minnesota!
    raybonz likes this.
  3. loon

loon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    ont canada
    Stove window is bright red right now ::-) Ray whats up is my buddy a farm over hunts Turkey/deer and wanted to try to grow some Turnip this spring so i just started cultivating yesterday and we will see what happens?:)

loon

[​IMG]
    raybonz likes this.
  4. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Are you saying he is trying to attract deer and turkey with turnip that he is planting? Pretty clever if this works!

Ray
  5. ihookem

ihookem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Allenton, Wisconsin
    Today is the first day I didn't make a fire. I burn 3 loads in the winter. I've been burning one good load and I always burn till mid May. My latest fire ever was in June 9, 2011 and I've burned 1/3 cord of good wood of next years pile.
  6. loon

loon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    ont canada

He is trying with the deer ray. For health reasons he cant venture too far from his bike so were just trying to get them close to the farm :)
  7. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    The topic of still burning is no longer part of the thread; time to close things down.

pen
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.