Still burning!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a dusting of snow the last two mornings. Daytime highs in the 50s, not too bad, but the house gets cold with no fire, so I am still burning. I have LOTS of wood, so I don't mind, and the stove is a wood consumption miser. Lit a fire in October, haven't stopped since, and have used only 8.5 face cords of hard maple, bitternut hickory, beech, and red oak @ 15-16" long pieces (less than 3 full cords). As soon as it warms up a little, the black flies will be out in force. And the trout will be biting. :)

Ran my stove this morning but its in the 70's now. Winter to summer in two days here in Minnesota!

Reactions: raybonz
Stove window is bright red right now ::-) Ray whats up is my buddy a farm over hunts Turkey/deer and wanted to try to grow some Turnip this spring so i just started cultivating yesterday and we will see what happens?:)

loon

Reactions: raybonz
Stove window is bright red right now ::-) Ray whats up is my buddy a farm over hunts Turkey/deer and wanted to try to grow some Turnip this spring so i just started cultivating yesterday and we will see what happens?:)

loon
Are you saying he is trying to attract deer and turkey with turnip that he is planting? Pretty clever if this works!

Ray

Today is the first day I didn't make a fire. I burn 3 loads in the winter. I've been burning one good load and I always burn till mid May. My latest fire ever was in June 9, 2011 and I've burned 1/3 cord of good wood of next years pile.

Are you saying he is trying to attract deer and turkey with turnip that he is planting? Pretty clever if this works!

Ray

He is trying with the deer ray. For health reasons he cant venture too far from his bike so were just trying to get them close to the farm :)

The topic of still burning is no longer part of the thread; time to close things down.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.