Still Burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobforsaken

Oct 2, 2009
Maine
Two days in a row after heatwave turned cold front, still have an excuse to burn.. Temps not making it out of the 50's and damp. Nice open door fire tonight (with screen).
June12 and still burning a bit.

Yup. Last night grilled my steaks indoors instead of out. Fo shizzle on the drizzle to my sizzle.

the weekend was spent at the lake and we had a fire every morning. both sat and sun did warm up to hit the 70's during the day, though. even had time to make a load of firewood with the old (2000) f-150

Spent Saturday night at a neighbor's place, down on Puget Sound. They had a nice firepit fire going. We watched otters cruise by as the sun set. Fire, wine, nice view and good friends. It doesn't get much better.

Sounds great BG, we spent some time on the patio and then into the hot tub. Seems that the heat is here too, it is raining now and the house is cool but not cold.

Almost chimney sweeping time. I think I'll wait until July to be safe.

It is just a beautiful day here with temperature in low 70's and low 40% humidity. Clear sky to go with it makes for a beautiful day. No fires though.

House is a little chilly (66 or so) but I aint gonna do it.

We have had a couple of nice firepit fires, cool in the 50s at night. Enjoy the firepits. Two at home, 3 different ones at the lake.

Same here Bob . . . morning and evening fire yesterday with the cool, damp weather . . . I took pity on my wife who was wearing one T-shirt, two sweatshirts, sweat pants, socks and slippers . . . after seeing that I just had to fire up the Oslo to warm her up.

Backwoods Savage said:
It is just a beautiful day here with temperature in low 70's and low 40% humidity. Clear sky to go with it makes for a beautiful day. No fires though.

Ditto :)

Spent an awesome evening on Oneida lake Friday night. Hard core proffesional fishing. Lake was flat, just enough breeze for a drift. My buddy and I with our worm/jigs about a foot off bottom, rods leaning up against the wall of the little row boat. Leanin back in our chairs, drinkin beer and being amazed at nature and our luck to enjoy it. Nights like that make you gratefull you worked a second job to afford a little $800 fishin boat.

After the record breaking heatwave it has been a couple of gorgeous low humidity low 80 days here. I should have been down in the woods cutting up the two monster oaks downed in the storms but just could not get up the ummph to do it. Now it will be hot and muggy by the time I get to it. If I ever do.

well the small lake that's just down the road from me was still iced-over until just about a week ago (when our 3-day summer was finally enough for it to fully ice-off), & it looks like it isn't supposed to get out of the 50's for the entire forseable forcast right now... & lows dropping below freezing at night, it's still nice to have an evening fire a few nights per week... I need to go out & cut some more wood though... if things ever dry out that is...

Our burning is restricted to a couple of evenings a week when it's coolish and we fancy cooking on the stove.

After a warm dry spell in May, it's back to damp, miserable, and maximums in the high 50's.

Typical English summer ;-)

Back to Junuary here too. Woke up this morning to 48F! High temp "might" hit 60F. My pepper plants are going to be pretty unhappy campers with this weather.

I haven't touched my stove in over 3 months. Once it was getting low 40s for the lows I shut it down.

We had a fire up in VT last week after the heatwave ended. We usually burn at least once a month over the summer.

We have fired up this evening, partly as a cheer up (dingy dark clouds, rain all day, maximum temp of 57f, and 8th consecutive day of over 95% humidity), and partly because we cooked our evening meal on it).

It hasn't stopped raining since our water company declared a drought ;-)

I don't think I could get a fire going even if I wanted to. Would be real tough getting a draft to pull.

Pea soup fog today, we are deep in the clouds. 100% humidity and only 53 at 2pm. Slugs are having a field day in the gardens.

Meh, may need a fire tonight to brighten things up.

A/C running here. Just talked to my sister in North Texas and it is 110 degrees at five in the afternoon with a two mile an hour wind that she says feels like a hair dryer blowing.

Burned in the workshop this afternoon. Rainy, windy, cool outside. They keep promising Summer's coming. Doesn't seem like we ever had Spring. I've burned into early June before, but never this late. Ah well...if only all of life's challenges could be so easily overcome. Rick

I started one up couple hours ago. first time for me burning this late into Juneuary

When I got up it was 65, by 2 PM it was 80 and sunny not a cloud in the sky. About two hours later it was 60! Now it is 54 and raining, supposed to be in the 40's overnight. I will probably light a fire in the morning since it is supposed to be cloudy most of the day tomorrow. I have never needed a fire this late into June. My Tomatoes are not liking the cool weather this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.