Still burninggg !!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
Flood gates have opened raining heavy here, pulled the Encore out for a refurb, have a fire in the fireplace, Harman cranking!!!!! It's June 7th...........
100_6411.JPG100_6413.JPG

A little envious that some of you get to burn wood this far into season. Nice flame.

Reactions: Defiant
Raining nonstop here, 50's outside, last 2 weeks was in the 90's. It's New England we are known for drastic changes!!!!

52 F outside, raining, but still 77 F inside. Wife baked a pie (strawberry rhubarb). No stove fire here. Wife saw the outside thermometer and wanted me to bring in pellets!

same here in Long Island. crazy weather. the fire looks good.

Been in the 40's and 50's for 2 days here. Rain and cloudy weather. No real Solar gain. It dipped to 67* inside and I just fired the Quad about 20 min ago :)

June 3rd was the last fire last year. Hoping this is the last one this year. We are back into the 70's with sun tomorrow. :cool:

i plugged the stove in just in anticipation of needing a little burn tomorrow.
"lack of solar gain" is probable.

I thought us New Englanders are supposed to a hardy folk? Put on a sweater if 63 is too cold for you for "thermal gain" and save the pellets for next season. For me, this is ideal sleeping and working weather. Have to help dad out today with the chain saw- glad its 57 this morning rather than 85 and humid. Sleeping like a baby for free - No electric bill (A/C) and no pellets. This is perfect weather...going to get to 75 and no humidity.

My dinner came out of a can(s) see avatar;)

If you see me walkin' down the line
with my fav'rite honky tonk in mind,
well, I'll be here around suppertime
with my can of dinner and a bunch of fine.

Hello

The SantaFe came on once to take the chill out of the shed/workshop yesterday while putting the new bracket and auger motor into the Baby CountrySide. The shop floor,ceiling and walls are all insulated so the stove never came on again after that!

Nothing like a nice new Gleason-Avery to get the fire cranking!

Attachments

• IMG_1209.JPG
    IMG_1209.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: vinny11950
Aint happening....done! deep clean and LBT today....damp rid in the firebox.....till the fall!

Aint happening....done! deep clean and LBT today....damp rid in the firebox.....till the fall!

No deep cleaning yet. Some say smart, some say lazy. Little bit of both going on here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.