still have what looks like an add pop up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoveguy2esw

Minister of Fire
Nov 14, 2006
madison hgts. va
hey web,remember a while back when you first switched over to this setup i mentiooned that i get a box that covers the type in box when i reply to a thread?

i still get it but it appears only in the inglenook. its weird, it shows part of what looks like a pop up that has a "cannot view" or not found or somthing it doenst have a defined border, and it only covers a portion of the block i type in, i can see where my typing cursor is but not the text i type when its behind this block. also, "clicking" on the box doesnt open anyting, its just there.

i was trying to figure out how to take a "screenshot" to attach but alas , i have no clue how to do it.

if ya know how and want me to i will do it but ya gotta tell me how.

seems like i had seen in in "perfect picture" as well the other day but i cant remember for sure.

just thought i would drop you a mention on it

Thanks.
I suspect it is not easily fixable as it may be a bug in the text editor - which is a public domain (free) part of the forum software. It may related to certain versions of the browsers, etc.

The best we can hope with such bugs is that either they get so bad and common that we can see and fix them....or that some small upgrade in browsers or the text program (called tinyMCE) makes them go away.

yeah, its weird. funny i only see it in some forums , i played with it a little ,i can actually hold and slide to highlight the text in it and move the text side to side, but for all it is its just a http404 screen.

i can work around it so its not too big a deal, just havent seen it in a while probably cause its in the inglenook which i havent been in much so i havent been where it is.

just tossing you a heads up.

Happening now to me too. Had never seen it before recently, now it's consistent...at least in the Inglenook. Quite irritating when I want to post a reply. As I type in my text and it crosses over into this phantom box, I can no longer see what I'm typing.

why.JPG

Thanks for taking a look into it.

Happens to me on occasion, only option is to shut down reply and try again or type on through it and hope I spelled it right.

Happening now to me too. Had never seen it before recently, now it's consistent...at least in the Inglenook. Quite irritating when I want to post a reply. As I type in my text and it crosses over into this phantom box, I can no longer see what I'm typing.

View attachment 77749

yep, thats exactly what i was seeing

Same here . . . usually you can tell when I have
found this problem because I end up
typing like this so I can actually see
what I am typing.

Interesting. I've discovered that when I see that erroneous whatever it is partially obscuring my response box, if I hit my back button on my mouse, the erroneous whatever it is disappears, and I'm still right there, ready to type in a post. :rolleyes:

Oh please. This is the New Forum Hints, Questions, Suggestions forum. I will continue to delete any attempts to politicize this forum. Totally absurd & inappropriate...go to the Ash Can if you just can't help but turn every one of your posts into some sort of political statement.

There is that white box again. Appears to be just in the Inglenook. I was just looking at a thread there. Box is covering the reply box.

Meanwhile, try the back button on your mouse trick I mentioned in post #10

I think you've done it...I no longer see it. Nice work, thanks!

Thanks Craig, appreciate it.

There is that box again. Only here in the Inglenook that I see it again. I was posting to ZAP's thread on the storm coming up the east coast.

I see it, but it's not in the same position as it was before. Now I see it at the end of the last post in the thread, above where I can enter a response. This is a typical ad location. The problem last time was the box partially covered my response field...not a typical ad location. I can put up another pic if that would help at all.

Can't find it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.