Still haven't opened the stove door......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmmm. I owe Pete another beer.

Yeah Pete, You can clean the stove with honor tonight or run it until stop's. Keep a tally of the bags just in case some tries to to de throne you.

Beers on Eric! :)

kinsman stoves said:
Hmmmmmm. I owe Pete another beer.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!! WOOHOO!! :)

As I remember, I think my tally for beers at Eric's store is up around a 12-pack. Hmmmm.......road trip to Ohio???

I wouldn't wait to long, Eric has been know to charge a slight storage fee. You might end up with only a couple by the time you get there to redeem them! :)

UPDATE:

Latest count as of today is 47 bags w/o cleaning or opening the door or ashpan :gulp: .

Last 5 bags have been Premier hardwood (very dusty, but seem to burn well).

I guess I'm going for the 1 ton mark, which means I'll be cleaning the stove this weekend.

I think Eric should give me a case after the ton.

come and collect. I submit.

Eric

this is crazy on multiple accounts.

a) that you've burned a ton already! I've maybe burned 20 bags.
b) that your burn pot isn't full of ash
c) that your ash pan isn't over flowing.

I made it about a week before my ash is out of control, and about 4 days before the burn pot is full of junk, even burning oakies. lesser pellet = lesser burn days.

my stove sucks :(

briansol said:

I made it about a week before my ash is out of control, and about 4 days before the burn pot is full of junk, even burning oakies. lesser pellet = lesser burn days.

When one has a large ash pan and burns decent pellets you can go a long while.

SmokeyTheBear said:
briansol said:

Actually, the ash pan on the 10-cpm is about about 1/3 the size my Astoria was. Maybe 3" high, the width of the stove, and about 12" deep.

I'll be the first to admit that I NEVER thought I'd get this far, but the stove still gives good heat, starts every time on the stat, and with the hardwood pellets now the glass is actually starting to clean itself a little.

I WILL feel better after it's cleaned, though. Will post pics of the door, ashpan, and firepot.

imacman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
briansol said:

Actually, the ash pan on the 10-cpm is about about 1/3 the size my Astoria was. Maybe 3" high, the width of the stove, and about 12" deep.

I'll be the first to admit that I NEVER thought I'd get this far, but the stove still gives good heat, starts every time on the stat, and with the hardwood pellets now the glass is actually starting to clean itself a little.

I WILL feel better after it's cleaned, though. Will post pics of the door, ashpan, and firepot.

Sure you still remember how to clean it?

SmokeyTheBear said:
Sure you still remember how to clean it?

:lol: Yeah, I guess I do. BUT, with the new vacuum hose adapter that Nailer whipped-up for me on his lathe, the job should be much easier.

i got a lil more than a ton through the Omega, but I have opened the door to clean the glass, so I disqualify myself from any sort of competition. I have not touched anything else though, and its still ticking along. I did have to take the screen out of the hopper to prevent hang ups. Still waiting for it to fault out before I do anything else. I'd like to insert my disclaimer here: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME (yeah, right) professional driver on closed course.

Pete,

You are scaring all the folks who clean their stoves everyday... stop it or you'll go to your room!!!!!!

Now back to our regular programming.

krooser said:
Pete,

You are scaring all the folks who clean their stoves everyday... stop it or you'll go to your room!!!!!!

Now back to our regular programming.

OK dad........ :red:

Mike, you guys at Englander should be proud....this stove just keeps on starting & burning without fail. Imagine, I'm going head-to-head with an Omega and kicking some butt. :lol:

Hope you've been keeping the guys at the shop updated on my progress. I'll post pics when I finally clean it (probably this weekend).

Now, go take a breath....PLEASE!

imacman said:
Mike, you guys at Englander should be proud....this stove just keeps on starting & burning without fail. Imagine, I'm going head-to-head with an Omega and kicking some butt. :lol:

Hope you've been keeping the guys at the shop updated on my progress. I'll post pics when I finally clean it (probably this weekend).

Now, go take a breath....PLEASE!

do a before and after , im interested in seeing the before , most ive ever run through a stove was 25 bags through a pdvc , and i'd NEVER do it again , gawd what a mess

Sounds to me this thing is unstoppable!!! :vampire:

I'm not surprised... looking at the insides of pete's stove...

anatomy_godzilla.gif

Krooser, how did you find those secret Englander stove plans? Mike told me they were in a "lock box" at Al gore's mansion.

imacman said:
Krooser, how did you find those secret Englander stove plans? Mike told me they were in a "lock box" at Al gore's mansion.

It's actually a drawing I made based on my mother-in-laws photo....fooled ya!

I think Pete took the before's but he has had to spend the last 36 hours straight cleaning the stove to get it back to normal :) His fingers are worn down to the bone from the scrubbing.

I may have to make him a second vacuum hose adapter after he finishes cleaning the stove. He is going wear it out :cheese:

Great test Pete. Now you will know how far you can push it

---Nailer---

Nailer & Xena.......nope, no pics....yet. Was too busy to shut the stove down this weekend....Christmas stuff w/ the kids, and so forth.

Current tally is...............I have broken the 1 ton mark!

Burning bag #52 as we speak. This stove is amazing....it just keeps burning and putting out great heat. I had it on 5 last night since it got down to 26, and the glass started cleaning-up even more than previously. Burn pot looks nice & clean, nice yellow/orange flames dancing away w/ a hint of blue still at the base.

It still starts right up on the stat.

Mike, hope you still have fingernails left. ;-)

Here's a pic:

Attachments

• IMG_2610.jpg
    IMG_2610.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 257
Bag #57 today when I got home from work. Dumped in a bag of the Somersets, as it's supposed to get down to 10-13 °F tonight.

Stove just keeps chugging along, but I am cleaning it for sure this weekend so Mike H. can stop holding his breath....LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.