Still learning on the Lopi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
Yesterday, between watching college football, i tinkered & did more cleaning. I vacuumed the airwash slot & got as many pellets i could out of there . I also stuck my vac hose up the shoot. Not only did it suck pellets down, it also sucked the fines. World of difference in burning. Even with my "chitty" pellets . Burning now like it did back in March & April . I also found a difference when i only fill the hopper partially . I'm a warm happy camper now. March,April ,September & most of October i could basically just fill it & forget it but i had to wash the windows everyday with windex ., course, also did basic vac, Then about the time i swapped pellet brand, the stove needed more handling<tinkering> . Just a coincidence or build up in places i didn't take care or notice before ? I partially filled it last night & this morning & she's running fine. Now i'm really starting to lean on the pellet is a pellet is a pellet . After all, it's only wood . But that's only my experience & opinion . Who knows ? Maybe tonite i'll write a different scenario . Much this helps somebody Muss

I find that a clean stove will burn any pellet. When you start having issues with pellets (other than leaftover fines) it most likely a dirty stove.

You have to clean out ALL the littlenooks and crannys... especially if your stove has a doulble back wall as most do... a clean stove is a happy stove.

I've said this before but I haven't touched anything on my stove for over a year and it continues to burn perfectly no matter what pellet I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.